Guide to remove frp from spreadtrum devices using new method via SPD Flashtool
What is frp?
Android Factory Reset Protection (FRP) is a new feature to protect your device which has been added to several Samsung devices that are running Android OS 5.1 or higher.
This feature allows you to set up your device to prevent other people from using it if it’s been reset to factory settings without your permission. For example, if your device is lost, stolen, flashed, or wiped, only someone with your Google account or screen lock information can perform a factory data reset and use the device.
Why Using SPD Flashtool to remove frp?
As you know, nowadays Spreadtrum smartphones and tablets become more secure, the band company always do securities updates to their devices for that bypass frp tricks via talk-back or other ports can work for current android version while it wont work for future android updates.
How to restore frp partition using SP Flashtool?
- Download latest SPD Research Download Tool
- Install SPD USB drivers (Spd SCI Usb2Serial Drivers)
- Open ResearchDownload.exe
- Click on Setting button, browse and chose Frp.PAC file
- Press Start Button.
- Put device in Flash Mode, make sure to power phone off, then keep pressing volume up + volume down while connect phone to pc.
- Wait till the end of flashing process.
- Re-insert battery or keep pressing power on; Done.